ICF Certified Life and Health Coach
Christie Miliordou – ICF Certified Life and Health Coach
What is Health and Wellness Coaching?
Almost every time I tell someone that I am a Health and Wellness Coach I get the same response. “What is Health Coaching?”
Health and Wellness Coaching is a new concept that emerged from the need to focus on the prevention of disease rather than the treatment. As health costs rise globally, there is need for a lifestyle change to embrace wellness. Wellness is a multidimensional concept that means living life with high levels of self-acceptance, awareness, connectedness and purpose. It is the higgest element of the Illness-Wellness contintuum.
Health and Wellness Coaching
Wellness coaching is the application of the principles of Professional Life Coaching for the achieve the goals of lifestyle imporvement. It is a process that focuses on healthy and sustainable behaviour change. Its success is based on the realtionship between the coach and the client, when the latter is challenged to develop accountability and use their inner wisdom to turn their dreams and goals into action.
A video describing 6 important steps in Connectedness, which is a psychological term that refers to all things that bind people together. Every person is an individual but is also connected to others and the environment.
As published in the online wellness magazine Wellness In Dubai (http://www.wellnessindubai.com).
A video describing “How to Develop a Positive Outlook” as published in the online magazine Wellness in Dubai” (http://www.wellnessindubai.com/)
Foundations of Health And Wellness Coaching
- Positive Psychology (https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu)
- The Theory of Self-Actualisation by Abraham Maslow, 1962
- John Travis, who opened the Wellness Resource Centre in the USA in 1975
- Carl Rogers and the Humanistic Approach in Psychotherapy (http://www.bapca.org.uk/about/carl-rogers.html)
- Professional Life Coaching
- Lifestyle Medicine (http://www.instituteoflifestylemedicine.org)
The Health Coaching Model
Some of the steps that are followed by the health coaching model are the following:
- Foundation of relationship
- Motivational Interview
- Wellness Vision
- Goal Setting
What a Health and Wellness Coach can help you with?
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA360401
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.